Dog Massage & Arthritis Treatment
Dog Massage Service & Therapy Treatments
We are pleased to announce we now offer dog massage, in addition to a range of new dog wellness services. All from our fully qualified and accredited Animal Therapist, Brigette Warne.
How does dog massage help?
Dog massage is a great treatment for dog arthritis. It can also provide emotional well-being for your beloved pet. Our massage therapist’s work can assist to calm hyperactivity, anxiousness and nervousness.
We provide relaxation, deep-tissue and remedial massage options. Contact us for a booking, or come and visit us at our Eastern Suburbs Dog Grooming Salon.
What are the other benefits of dog massage?
Just like a massage for humans, many of the benefits of massage for your dog are the same. These include;
- Improved circulation
- Release of Endorphins
- Increased excretion of toxins
- Relaxation and tension relief
- Reduced stiffness helping to restore mobility to any injured areas
- Injury prevention by increasing range of motion and enhancing muscle tone
- Improved athletic performance and endurance
- Good posture and balance
- Improved mental focus and attitude
- Healthy skin and coat promotion by distributing natural oils
- Relief of age related problems
- Reverse muscle atrophy from inactivity or disuse
- Provide relief from muscle tension, soreness, spasms, and weaknesses
- Provide relief from chronic pain and discomfort from arthritis, hip dysplasia, etc.
More Dog Wellness Services We Offer
Dog massage is just one of the many new services we offer from our Dog Grooming Salon based in Coogee. Our qualified Animal Therapist can also provide;
- Dog Sports Therapy
- Dog Nutrition
- Dog Exercise Physiology and Fitness Plans
- Dog Red Light Therapy
- Stretching and Flexibility
- Rehab and Injury Programs
Red Light Therapy For Dogs
Red Light Therapy (RLT) is becoming more and more popular for humans and dogs alike. It is a painless and safe therapy, which uses light energy for a therapeutic effect.
RLT emits a light at a wavelength of (660nm) which penetrates your dog’s skin, without causing pain or damage. Generally, it is used on muscle tissue and areas of increased electrical activity, known as acupoints.
Red light therapy can be used as a separate treatment or with other dog therapies.
Red Light Therapy for dogs can treat the following problems;
- Chronic coughs
- Reproductive problems
- Ovarian pain associated with heat cycles
- Neck problems
- Pain and stiffness
- Nerve inflammation
- Neurologic disorders
- Wobbler disease
- Nerve damage
- Behaviourial problems
- Chronic pain
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Laminitis (acute and chronic)
- Tying up or azoturia
- Colic (acute and chronic)
Meet Brigette – Dog Massage & Animal Therapist
Our Dog Masseuse and Animal Therapist, Brigitte Warne, is a University educated animal lover. Brigette has completed several advanced courses in Sports Therapy, Massage, Nutrition, Exercise Physiology, Stretching and Red Light Therapy.
- Canine and Small Animal Massage (School of Integrated Body Therapy) – Nationally Accredited.
- Equine Sports Therapy (Equestricare, IICT Approved Training Centre) – Nationally Accredited.
- Bsc. Public Health & Health Promotion (Deakin Univeristy).
Brigette brings a passion and love for all animals and is also a competitive horse rider. She strives to improve the quality of life for all animals and offers her own Equine Therapy service, which you can see more about here; http://www.equinoxanimaltherapies.com/
For a booking with Brigette at Dogs Empire, please contact or call us.
Yours in Dogs,